South Shore Ballet Theatre
Master Class with Petra Conti
Master classes will be held on Saturday, May 12th:
Level 4i, 5i and Pre-Pro (ages 11 and up)
9:30 - 12:00
There is a $20 drop in fee
Petra Conti is an internationally renowned Principal Dancer. Conti is a Resident Principal Guest with the Los Angeles Ballet, CA. She has been a Principal Dancer with the Boston Ballet from 2013 to 2017. Before moving to the US, Conti was holding the permanent position of Prima Ballerina at La Scala in Milan (Italy).
Petra Conti was born in Italy in 1988 from an Italian father and a Polish mother. She graduated with honors from the National Academy of Dance in Rome in 2006. At the age of 17, Conti has been invited by the Arena di Verona Ballet as an étoile guest to perform her first full length ballet, Cinderella. In 2007, she joined the Mariinsky Ballet Theatre in St. Petersburg to prepare major ballet roles with Elvira Tarasova. In 2008 she became part of the Bavarian State Ballet Company. In 2009 she has been invited by former director Mahar Vaziev to join La Scala Ballet Company. She was appointed Prima Ballerina at La Scala in 2011. In 2013 Conti accepted the invitation from artistic director Mikko Nissinen to join Boston Ballet as a Principal Dancer.
Conti has been awarded with the title of Ambassador of the Italian Dance in the World in 2014.
She is also a recipient of prestigious awards such as:
• Premio Capri 2017,
• Antonio Fini’s “Extraordinary Dancer” award 2016,
• Premio Progetto Arkés 2014,
• Premio Danza Arenzano 2013,
• Premio Ciociaria nel mondo 2013,
• Premio Roma in Danza 2012,
• Premio Danza & Danza 2011 as Best Performer of the Year,
• Premio Positano 2007,
• Premio La Ginestra d'Oro 2007,
• Premio delle Arti 2004.
She has been named the Anna Magnani of ballet (Panorama magazine, 2012) because of her exceptional acting skills.
Conti has danced alongside worldwide famous dancers like Roberto Bolle, Ivan Vassiliev, Massimo Murru…
Conti studied drama with Kuniaki Ida from 2009 to 2011 at the Arsenale Theater in Milan.
In 2010 TV channel SKY Classica devoted an entire documentary to Conti entitled "Dancers of tomorrow", about her performances of Giselle, Romeo and Juliet and Don Quixote.
Conti is married to Eris Nezha, Principal Dancer at the Boston Ballet.
She is also currently earning her bachelor’s degree in Science of Leadership at Northeastern University.
In the summer of 2017 Conti has been invited back to her native Italy to perform the Slave in "Aida" on the enormous stage of Arena di Verona (chor. Susanna Egri). About 16.000 people attended every show...
Her repertoire includes:
• Giselle - Giselle (chor. Yvette Chauvirè)
• Kitri - Don Quixotte (chor. Rudolf Nureyev)
• Juliet - Romeo and Juliet (chor. Kenneth Macmillan)
• Tatiana - Onegin (chor. John Cranko)
• Jewels - Emerald: I, II couple (chor. Balanchine)
• Raymonda, Clemence – Raymonda (chor. Petipa-Vicharev)
• Civilization, Folgore - Excelsior (chor. Dell'Ara)
• Titania - A Midsummer night dream (chor. Balanchine)
• Albachiara - L'altra meta' del cielo (chor. Clarke, music Vasco Rossi)
• Marguerite - Marguerite and Armand (chor. Frederick Ashton)
• Principal Couple - Concerto DSCH (chor.Alexei Ratmansky)
• Juliette - Romèo et Juliette (chor. Sasha Waltz)
• Esmeralda - Notre-Dame de Paris (chor. Roland Petit)
• Odette/Odile - Swan Lake (chor. Rudolf Nureyev)
• In the Middle Somewhat Elevated (chor. William Forsythe)
• Odette/Odile -Swan Lake (chor. Mikko Nissinen)
• Prima Ballerina - Etudes (chor. Harald Lander)
• Sugar Plum Fairy, Snow Queen - Nutcracker (chor. Mikko Nissinen)
• The puppet couple - Bella Figura (chor. Jiri Kylian)
• Fairy Godmother - Cinderella (chor. Frederick Ashton)
• Belong Pas de Deux (chor. Norbert Vesak)
• Bach Cello Suites (chor. Jorma Elo)
• Eventide (chor. Helen Pickett)
• Glove seller - Gaîté Parisienne (chor. Leonide Massine)
• Posthorn - Third Symphony of Gustav Mahler (chor. John Neumeier)
• Pas de Quatre (chor. Leonid Yacobson)
• Cinderella - Cinderella (chor. Maria Grazia Garofoli)
• Giselle - Giselle (chor.Maria Grazia Garofoli)
• The Slave - Aida (chor. Susanna Egri)
• Sanguinic - The Four Temperaments (chor. Balanchine)
• Second to Last. (chor. Alejandro Cerrudo)
• This is You - (chor. Menghan Lou)
• Marie, Rose, Arabian Queen - Nutcracker (chor. Thordal Christensen).
• Odette/Odile - Swan Lake (chor. Thordal Christensen).
• Les Fleurs de Ballet (Toronto,Canada 2018)
• Kremlin Gala-Stars of the XXI Century (Moscow-Kremlin, 2015)
• Ballet Now Stars Gala (Los Angeles, 2015)
• Bolle and Friends Summer Tour (Italy, 2014)
• Les Hivernales de la Danse (Liège, Belgium, 2013)
• Vogue Fashion Dubai Experience (Dubai, 2013)
• Spring & Winter Gala (Ekaterinburg, 2013, 2012)
• Gala des Etoiles (Goiania, Brazil, 2012)
• Vladimir Vassiliev Gala (Rome, 2011)
• The150th anniversary of Unità d'Italia (Roma, 2011)
• Nijinski Gala (Hamburg, 2009)
• Women on Music (Los Angeles, 2005)
• International Dance Festival (Bucharest, 2004).
• Arena di Verona's Cinderella (2007),
• Arena di Verona's Giselle (2008),
• Rimsky-Korsakov Conservatory's Swan Lake (2007),
• Tirana National Opera's Giselle (2014),
• Arena di Verona's Aida (2017),
• Kiev National Opera's Swan Lake (2017).
With La Scala
• 2011 Łódź -Poland in Emeralds (chor. Balanchine)
• 2011 Muscat- Oman in Giselle (chor. Chauviré)
• 2011 Moscow-Bolshoi Theatre in Excelsior (Dell'Ara)
• 2011 Moscow-Bolshoi Theatre in A Midsummer Night Dream (Balanchine)
• 2012 Brazil-Rio de Janeiro, Sao Paolo, Belo Horizonte in Giselle (I. Chauviré).
With Boston Ballet
• 2014 Washington - Kennedy Center in Bella Figura (chor. Jiri Kylian)
• 2014 New York City -Koch Theater at Lincoln Center in Bella Figura (chor. Jiri Kylian).